The Government’s announcement that gatherings of up to 100 can resume with appropriate public health measures in place means that we can now gather to worship for our regular services at 10am, 12pm and 2pm. We will have a range of measures in place, which are described below.
- If you are unwell, or have someone unwell in your home, please stay at home.
- Please wear a mask when you are at church
- Contract tracing is required, either by the QR code or the paper means.
- We will not have regular door duty to make space for contact tracing and hand sanitizing.
- When you arrive and leave, please sanitize your hands.
- Some pews will be closed to enable physical distancing. Please sit at least 2 metres from other worshipers.
- In the service, we will not be passing the peace, taking up an offering or shaking hands at the door.
- Following each service hard surfaces will be wiped and disinfected.
- Unfortunately, we will not share a cup of tea/food in Burns Hall following the service. We hope to resume this in the near future
- The Heritage Centre remains closed until further notice.
Thank you for your help in enabling us to reopen through following these measures. We have been in this place before and have learned how to look after one another through a pandemic.
We understand that some people may choose not to gather yet, and others will be unable to join us on Sunday due to underlying health concerns. Please continue to look after your health and follow the advice of medical professionals. We want you to be able to still engage with the life of the church, so we will video the 10am sermon and upload this to the website following the services on Sunday afternoon.
Please go to www.covid19.govt.nz for more information